As fall approaches and we are bombarded with the must-haves from the experts, I like to sit back as see what pieces emerge as the key go-to numbers that will define the season; from there, which of those make sense for my life. Fall transition collections are filling the stores, the pieces are usually less trendy and more wear now, which really means they can be worn all year round on the west coast. Here are the 10 go-to pieces on my fall starter list. Choose 2 or 10. None will owe you a dime.
1. Roll Neck Sweater – a.k.a. turtlneck; Delighto
2. Long Pencil Skirt– Jumbo Plaid for some sass; Vivian Westwood Anglomania
3. Cropped Sweatshirt – grey is old faithful on this one; Organic by John Patrick
4. Loafer – go for Blood Red; Repetto
5. Hi Rise Jean – RTA steps it up with pintuck detailing on the wide flattering waist.
7. Oversized Shirt –for layering under the crop sweatshirt or let hang from under a jacket; Acne
8. Bucket Bag – so many to choose from! Anya Hindemarch in Forest Green
9. Signet Ring – bold simple statement. Tom Wood
10. Menswear Jacket – Grey Plaid acts as a novel neutral- Isabel Marant